Although the terrain in Val Venosta/Vinschgau is ideal for mountain bike tours, there are also several options for leisurely cycling thanks to the cycle paths. The cycle path in Val Monastero/Münstertal is connected to the Val Venosta/Vinschgau cycle path and the bike shuttle service drives leisurely cyclists to the starting points for their leisurely mountain bike tours – for example on the Ofenpass, Passo di Resia/Reschenpass or Passo dello Stelvio/Stilfserjoch. You can also transport your bike by the Val Venosta/Vinschgau railway, public buses and our hotel taxi and then explore Val Venosta/Vinschgau by MTB.
The most stunning mountain bike tours in Val Venosta/Vinschgau
Lamm bike hotel – the advantages for you
Our Lamm nature & activity hotel is also a bike hotel and therefore offers you numerous advantages.
- A top location in the border triangle. Magical mountain bike tours, tour classics such as the Passo dello Stelvio/Stilfserjoch, the Umbrailpass and Ofenpass await mountain bikers and road cyclists. Leisurely cyclists have a vast cycle path network through Val Monastero/Münstertal and Val Venosta/Vinschgau at their disposal.
- We meet numerous bike criteria and have certified bike expertise. The boss Andreas Steiner is a certified bike guide and provides assistance and advice.
- Guaranteed bike shuttle service from the start of April to the end of October according to timetable (see bike shuttle) to the Passo di Resia/Reschenpass, Passo dello Stelvio/Stilfserjoch, Ofenpass and to Solda/Sulden. Our hotel taxi can also be booked for up to 7 people plus bikes.
- Guided mountain bike tours from Monday to Friday.
- A bike folder with detailed description of all the mountain bike tours is available at reception.
- Tour advice, guided mountain bike tours and shuttles can be conveniently booked at the hotel reception.
- A secure bike cellar, washing facilities for your bike, a range of tools, work stands and spare parts at the hotel.
- Cooperation with bike shops – professional advice and repairs sorted quickly.
- Garmin GPS hire; you can also download the South Tyrol map onto your own device.
- Free loan of hardtail bikes in 6 different sizes, e-bikes and top mountain bikes for a fee and if pre-ordered.
- Children's trailer for your bike.
- Daily biker snack for your mountain bike tours.
- Daily pick-up service in the event of accidents, falls etc.
- Daily laundry service for your bike wear.
- Extensive map material at the hotel.
- New free hotel app with offline function for GPS assisted biking.
At the Lamm nature & activity hotel we hire out hardtail bikes in 6 different sizes as well as a children's trailer. You can hire out e-mountain bikes on a daily basis for a fee.
At Bikepoint in Malles/Mals you can hire out all kinds of bikes for mountain bike tours. If you reserve early we will pick the bikes up from there and take them to the hotel.
At the Val Venosta/Vinschgau railway stations and at the Passo di Resia/Reschenpass you can hire out trekking bikes for larger groups and undertake leisurely mountain bike tours on the Val Venosta/Vinschgau cycle path. The bikes can be returned at all train stations – easy and simple.
The shuttle services makes it possible for freeriders to enjoy numerous mountain bike tours in Val Venosta/Vinschgau. All around Tubre in Val Monastero/Taufers im Münstertal there are 9 lifts that take you to the right altitude for discovery tours by MTB through Val Venosta/Vinschgau. Descents with a difference in altitude of 2,000 m are not uncommon here and provide unlimited riding fun. In addition to the shuttle service you can also book our hotel taxi that will take you to the starting point of your mountain bike tours and then pick you up again.
Besides the mountain bike tours there are of course also bike routes for leisurely cyclists. One highlight in Val Venosta/Vinschgau is the Via Claudia Augusta cycle path, which runs from Venice to Augsburg. The section from Passo di Resia/Reschenpass to Merano/Meran is one of the cycle path's most beautiful sections and is ideal for exploring Val Venosta/Vinschgau by MTB.